UPDATED: Wednesday 3.25.2020
Based on Mayor Steve Schewel’s ‘stay-at-home’ order, Durham Habitat will comply and will make the following changes in operating status, effective Thursday, March 26, 2020:
- All Durham Habitat team members will be furloughed.
- Habitat offices at 215 N Church Street will be closed until further notice and we will be monitoring the status on a weekly basis.
- New Home Construction and the Critical Home Improvement teams will cease operations on site until the ‘stay-at-home’ order has been changed.
- Family Services will be working remotely to continue connecting with our homeowner partners to complete their tax assessment appeals and answering questions.
- Finance Department will be operational through remote work
- Development staff will be working remotely to continue fundraising operations and to execute our “Virtual Breakfast” fundraiser. April 21st will be a day of virtual fundraising in lieu of our annual Foundation Breakfast, which has been cancelled.
Much of the staff is working remotely. If you have questions, please call 919.682.0516 or continue to check our website for the latest updates. We have also compiled a list of Coronavirus resources that might be helpful to you, or someone you know - you can find that list here. We will do our best to keep the information up-to-date.
Obviously this is a dynamic and quickly changing situation. There are measures everyone can take to protect themselves and others from the spread of respiratory illnesses, including COVID-19.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds at a time. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid physical contact with individuals (ex: fist bump or elbow tap instead of handshakes).
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your elbow when you cough or sneeze.
- Do not reuse tissues after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose.
- Let others know if you are sick or don’t feel well.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched.
Thanks to all who support our work at Durham Habitat. We will keep this page updated as the situation evolves. Please take good care in the meantime.
Michael F. Frisch
Interim Executive Director/President