Will you need your hours verified?
Are you doing hours for court? – Email Laine or call 919-682-0516 ext. 121 for more information.
Will you need your hours verified for school or other program? Print this hours tracking sheet and have the on-site supervisor sign-off on your sheet each time you volunteer. Then email the completed form to Laine so she can verify your hours.
What Can Volunteers Expect From Habitat?
- Safe Work Environments - Whether on a construction site, the ReStore, or at a special event, we will keep you safe. Safety orientations kick off every volunteer construction day, and safety equipment is provided.
- Productive Work Days - Everything you need (tools, supplies, and a work plan) will be waiting for you, and you'll be able to see tangible results of your work.
- Leadership - No experience is necessary, and we mean it. Our staff and volunteer crew leaders are trained to teach you everything you need to know.
- Patience, Perspective, and a Sense of Humor - We work hard, and we have fun doing it!
What Does Habitat Expect From Volunteers?
- Prompt Arrival - Promptly starting each volunteer shift ensures we can finish our homes on schedule and having everyone on hand for orientation makes our work sites safer and more efficient.
- Safety - Please use tools and equipment as instructed and adhere to safety procedures. Closed-toed shoes and a volunteer liability waiver are required before volunteering.
- Commitment - If you sign up, we count on you, and our families count on you!
- Flexibility - Sometimes weather doesn't cooperate, a task doesn't go exactly according to plan, or we need to refocus our efforts on a special project. Either way, it's cool. We make it work!