Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us!
The safety of staff, homebuyers, and volunteers remains our number one priority. We will continue to follow CDC guidelines, so we ask those who are unable to comply with the information below to wait to rejoin us.
HOW TO REGISTER AS A VOLUNTEER & SIGN-UP FOR VOLUNTEER SHIFTS
- Before you volunteer, please read the on-site safety protocols below. Next, you will need to complete the volunteer application and create an account through our volunteer system, VolunteerHub.
- For step-by-step instructions on how to complete the volunteer application and create an account in our system, please check out this volunteer user’s guide for VolunteerHub.
- Interested in volunteering with us on a regular basis? Please email email@example.com for more information.
Interested in bringing a group? Please fill out our Group Volunteering Interest Form or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Looking to bring a group of volunteers under 16 years old? Please fill out our Youth Build Interest Form.
COMMUNITY SERVICE INQUIRIES:
Please note, our location does not provide court-ordered community service hours. We encourage anyone seeking community service opportunities to visit the Habitat Restore: trianglerestores.org/volunteer or call 919-744-2425.
PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS:
We will continue to prioritize safety on Durham Habitat worksites. Volunteers who are not able to comply with these safety protocols will be asked to join us at a later date. (Updated as of May 19, 2022)
- All volunteers will be required to be fully vaccinated before coming to work with us.
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years old to participate on site.
- Individuals can continue to wear masks for on site work at their own discretion.
- No one should come to site if they have been exposed to or are displaying any symptoms related to COVID-19.
- Volunteers are required to pre-register through VolunteerHub. This is so we know how many volunteers are working on each site in the event contact tracing is necessary.
- There will be no shared water or food, and we request that all volunteers bring their own water bottle which can be refilled on site.
- There will be hand and tool sanitizer available at each worksite.
- Durham Habitat is currently accepting group reservations by completing the Group Volunteering Interest Form.
- Groups of 10 or more may be split between multiple worksites.
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years old to participate on the worksite.
- Requests for groups of individuals under 16 years old should be submitted through the Youth Build Interest Form.
- Group registrations must be finalized 48-hours in advance or they are subject to downsizing or cancelation.
- For any additional inquiries, please email email@example.com.
Our construction crews work rain or shine! In extreme conditions, we would take local guidelines into consideration and may choose to close a construction site to protect the safety of staff and volunteers. If you have day-of questions regarding worksite safety, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call our weather line at 919-682-0516 ext 7 or visit our Inclement Weather page for worksite updates.