Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us. The safety of staff, homebuyers, and volunteers remains our number one priority. We will continue to follow CDC guidelines, so we ask those who are unable to comply with the information below to wait to rejoin us.
How to Register as a Volunteer & Sign-up for Volunteer Shifts:
- Before you can volunteer, please read the on-site safety protocols below. Next, you will need to complete the volunteer application and create an account through our volunteer system, Giveffect.
- For step-by-step instructions on how to complete the volunteer application and create an account in our system, please check out this volunteer user’s guide for Giveffect.
COMMUNITY SERVICE INQUIRIES: Please note, our location is not accepting court ordered community service hours. We encourage anyone seeking community service opportunities to visit the Habitat Restore: trianglerestores.org/volunteer
Construction Volunteer Phased Re-Opening Plan:
Phase 1 (Complete)
Phase 2 (Complete)
Phase 3 (Complete):
Phase 4 (In PROGRESS):
- Due to the continued recommendation of the CDC and health officials, all volunteers will be required to be fully vaccinated to participate on our worksites. Volunteers who are not able to comply with this policy will be asked to join us at a later date.
- Volunteers are required to pre-register through Giveffect. (We accept volunteers age 16+)
- CDC guidelines and safety protocols will be reviewed and adjusted as needed.
- A maximum of 6 (Wed-Thurs)/10 (Fri-Sat) volunteer spots will be available per site for exterior work, up to 5 people for interior work.
- Crews and volunteers will continue to follow CDC guidelines.
- Volunteers working indoors will be required to wear a mask. “Indoor work” will be classified as any work that is done in a space where there are four walls and a roof (or completed floor) overhead. Anytime there are 2 or more people working in an indoor space, masks will be required.
- Anyone not wishing to wear a mask will be encouraged to do outside work only.
Please be aware of the following safety protocols:
We will continue to prioritize safety on Durham Habitat worksites. Volunteers who are not able to comply with these safety protocols will be asked to join us at a later date.
- Volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated before returning to work with us.
- Crews and volunteers will continue to follow CDC guidelines (updated as of July 30th): Volunteers working outdoors will not be required to wear masks, and social distancing is encouraged. Volunteers working indoors will be required to wear a mask.
- No one should come to site if they have been exposed to or are displaying any symptoms related to COVID-19; including, a cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, body aches, chills, fever or new loss of taste or smell.
- Volunteers are required to pre-register through Giveffect. This is so we know how many volunteers are working on each site in the event contact tracing is necessary. (We accept volunteers age 16+).
- There will be no shared water or food, and we request that all volunteers bring their own water bottle which can be refilled on site. No cups will be provided.
- There will be hand and tool sanitizer available at each worksite.
- Durham Habitat is currently accepting group reservations by completing the Group Volunteering Interest Form.
- Groups of 10 or more may be split between two worksites.
- Group reservations must be finalized 48-hours in advance or they are subject to cancelation.
- For any additional inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.