Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us. The safety of staff, homebuyers, and volunteers remains our number one priority. We will continue to follow CDC guidelines, so we ask those who are unable to comply with the information below to wait to rejoin us.
How to Register as a Volunteer & Sign-up for Volunteer Shifts:
- Before you can volunteer, you will need to complete the volunteer application and create an account through our volunteer system, Giveffect.
- If you had an account with us previously through CERVIS, you can merge your previous account data by creating a new account in Giveffect with the same name and email address. If you are uncertain if you had an account or cannot remember your account information for CERVIS, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- For step-by-step instructions on how to complete the volunteer application and create an account in our system, please check out this volunteer user’s guide for Giveffect.
- Interested in bringing a group? Please fill out our Group Volunteering Interest Form or contact email@example.com for more information.
COMMUNITY SERVICE INQUIRIES: Please note, our location is not accepting court ordered community service hours. We encourage anyone seeking community service opportunities to visit the Habitat Restore: trianglerestores.org/volunteer
Construction Volunteer Phased Re-Opening Plan:
Phase 1 (Complete)
Phase 2 (Complete)
Phase 3 (Begins June 16th):
- All worksites are now welcoming back pre-registered volunteers. Volunteers who come to site unvaccinated assume all risk for possible COVID-19 exposure.
- A maximum of 6 (Wed-Thurs)/10 (Fri-Sat) volunteer spots will be available per site for exterior work, up to 4 people for interior work.
- Volunteers will be required to register in advance (See volunteer registration information for Giveffect above).
- Crews and volunteers will continue to follow CDC guidelines (updated 05/18/21).
- Volunteers working outdoors will not be required to wear masks, social distance is suggested.
- Volunteers working indoors who cannot maintain social distance are encouraged to wear a mask but will not be required.
Phase 4 (timing TBD):
- Larger groups allowed on worksites.
- CDC guidelines and safety protocols will be reviewed and adjusted as needed.
As we move into our phased reopening, please be aware of the following safety protocols:
We will continue to prioritize safety on Durham Habitat worksites. Volunteers who are not able to comply with these safety protocols will be asked to join us at a later date.
- While we will not ask for proof, it is our preference that fully vaccinated individuals past the two-week post-vaccination waiting period return to work with us.
- Crews and volunteers will continue to follow CDC guidelines (updated as of May 18th): Volunteers working outdoors will not be required to wear masks, and social distancing is encouraged. Volunteers working indoors who cannot maintain social distance are encouraged to wear a mask but will not be required.
- No one should come to site if they have been exposed to or are displaying any symptoms related to COVID-19; including, a cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, body aches, chills, fever or new loss of taste or smell.
- Volunteers are required to pre-register through Giveffect so that we can control the flow of people and know how many volunteers are working on each home. Volunteers who do not sign up in advance will be asked to join us at another time.
- There will be no shared water or food, and we request that all volunteers bring their own water bottle which can be refilled on site. No cups will be provided.
- There will be hand and tool sanitizer available at each worksite.
- Durham Habitat is currently accepting group reservations by completing the Group Volunteering Interest Form.
- Groups of 10 or more may be split between two worksites.
- Group reservations must be finalized 48-hours in advance or they are subject to cancelation.
- For any additional inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.