Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us. The safety of staff, homebuyers, and volunteers remains our number one priority. We will continue to follow CDC guidelines, so we ask those who are unable to comply with the information below to wait to rejoin us.
How to Register as a Volunteer & Sign-up for Volunteer Shifts:
- Before you can volunteer, please read the on-site safety protocols below. Next, you will need to complete the volunteer application and create an account through our volunteer system, Giveffect.
- If you had an account with us previously through CERVIS, you can merge your previous account data by creating a new account in Giveffect with the same name and email address. If you are uncertain if you had an account or cannot remember your account information for CERVIS, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- For step-by-step instructions on how to complete the volunteer application and create an account in our system, please check out this volunteer user’s guide for Giveffect.
COMMUNITY SERVICE INQUIRIES: Please note, our location is not accepting court ordered community service hours. We encourage anyone seeking community service opportunities to visit the Habitat Restore: trianglerestores.org/volunteer
Construction Volunteer Phased Re-Opening Plan:
Phase 1 (Complete)
Phase 2 (Complete)
Phase 3 (In Progress):
- Durham Habitat will continue to prioritize the health and safety of staff and volunteers on our worksites by strongly recommending that all volunteers be fully vaccinated before coming out to work with us.
- Volunteers are required to pre-register through Giveffect. Volunteers who do not sign up in advance will be asked to join us at another time. (We accept volunteers age 16+).
- A maximum of 6 (Wed-Thurs)/10 (Fri-Sat) volunteer spots will be available per site for exterior work, up to 4 people for interior work.
- Crews and volunteers will continue to follow CDC guidelines (updated 07/30/21).
-Volunteers working outdoors will not be required to wear masks, social distance is suggested.
-Volunteers working indoors will be required to wear a mask.
-Anyone not wishing to wear a mask will be encouraged to do outside work only.
Phase 4 (Estimated Mid-July Start):
- Larger groups allowed on worksites.
- CDC guidelines and safety protocols will be reviewed and adjusted as needed.
As we move into our phased reopening, please be aware of the following safety protocols:
We will continue to prioritize safety on Durham Habitat worksites. Volunteers who are not able to comply with these safety protocols will be asked to join us at a later date.
- It is our continued preference that volunteers be fully vaccinated before returning to work with us.
- Crews and volunteers will continue to follow CDC guidelines (updated as of July 30th): Volunteers working outdoors will not be required to wear masks, and social distancing is encouraged. Volunteers working indoors will be required to wear a mask.
- No one should come to site if they have been exposed to or are displaying any symptoms related to COVID-19; including, a cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, body aches, chills, fever or new loss of taste or smell.
- Volunteers are required to pre-register through Giveffect. This is so we know how many volunteers are working on each site in the event contact tracing is necessary. (We accept volunteers age 16+).
- There will be no shared water or food, and we request that all volunteers bring their own water bottle which can be refilled on site. No cups will be provided.
- There will be hand and tool sanitizer available at each worksite.
- Durham Habitat is currently accepting group reservations by completing the Group Volunteering Interest Form.
- Groups of 10 or more may be split between two worksites.
- Group reservations must be finalized 48-hours in advance or they are subject to cancelation.
- For any additional inquiries, please email email@example.com.