Our critical repairs program help low-income homeowners who struggle to maintain their homes, allowing them to reclaim their investment. The program eliminates substandard housing through home improvement projects. Habitat for Humanity provides homeowners with a zero-interest loan to cover materials costs and volunteer labor to perform the home improvement project.
Please note: As of January 2014, we are currently not processing applications for the Repairs Program due to funding. However, we welcome you to complete the Online Questionnaire. Your name will be added to our mailing list and once funding becomes available, we will send you information and/or an official application.
Our Critical Repair program helps to ensure families are living in safe and well-maintained homes.
Critical Home Repair applicants must:
- Be the owner and occupant of a home within the County of Durham
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal resident
- Be 62 years of age or older
- Be handicapped or disabled
- Have a household annual income below 50% of Durham's median income
- Demonstrate a need for critical home repair
- Demonstrate a willingness to partner by performing sweat equity or community service (waived when government funding is provided)
- Be current on property tax payments
- Not apply for the program repeatedly within two years
After reading all the material, please continue to our online questionnaire to express interest in Durham Habitat's repair program. Our staff will be in touch to let you know the next steps of the process.
Please contact Lesley at (919)-682-0516 x102 with any questions.