Our critical repairs program helps low-income homeowners struggling to maintain their homes, allowing them to reclaim their investment. The program eliminates substandard housing through home improvement projects. Habitat for Humanity provides homeowners with a zero-interest loan to cover materials costs and volunteer labor to perform the home improvement project.
Applications for home repairs will be accepted from November 1, 2015 through December 20, 2015. If you are interested in being considered for a home repair, please call 682-0516 x104 to request an application.
Our Critical Repair program helps to ensure families are living in safe and well-maintained homes.
Critical Home Repair applicants must:
- Be the owner and occupant of a home within the County of Durham
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal resident
- Be 62 years of age or older
- Be handicapped or disabled
- Have a household annual income below 60% of Durham's median income
- Demonstrate a need for critical home repair
- Be current on property tax payments
- Not apply for the program repeatedly within two years
If selected, as a recipient of the home Repairs Program, you will be asked to make a monetary donation to the program.
After reading all the material, please continue to our online questionnaire to express interest in Durham Habitat's repair program. Our staff will be in touch to let you know the next steps of the process.
Please contact Lakeisha at (919)-682-0516 x104 with any questions.