This fall we will have an online application.
Those interested in our program will be able to apply on this site!
Homeownership applicants must:
- Live or work in Durham County for at least 6 months
- Be A US Citizen or permanent resident
- Have a stable income of at least 30% of Durham's median income
- Be able to provide closing cost of $2,000.
- Demonstrate that your current housing is overcrowded, physically substandard, too expensive, unsafe or prove that you are living in subsidized housing
- Demonstrate a willingness to partner by performing at least 250 hours of sweat equity
If you are approved, you will be expected to:
- Invest a minimum of 250 sweat equity
- Complete a financial literacy program
- Make timely mortgage payments each month
- Maintain your home
- Be an active member of the Durham community
- Stay connected to Durham Habitat throughout the term of your mortgage
Join our mailing list
We will send out information our applications through our mailing list. Sign up know for the most up to date information.