Habitat for Humanity of Durham (North Carolina) (HFHD) seeks an experienced and talented individual to serve as Office Coordinator. The successful candidate will join a well-respected organization and contribute to the agency's 35-year history as one of the area's leading providers of affordable and energy-efficient homes built in partnership with people in need and communities that care.
This is a full-time, Monday through Friday, 40 hour work week position and will report to the Director of Family Services. It is implementing all aspects of Durham Habitat's general office functions and assisting the Family Services department in fulfilling Durham Habitat's strategic plan and mission to increase families served and build communities and homes.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Greet clients that visit the Durham Habitat offices and assist them as needed.
- Answer phone system and routing calls as needed.
- Open and distribute mail, deliver mail to post office
- Maintain office setting-paper in copier, postage meter, coffee area, other office cleanliness, and ordering office supplies.
- Coordinate all vendor's schedules, cleaning company, water supply company, and other office vendors.
- Serve as point-person for facilities maintenance issues, interfacing with church staff and Habitat Director of Construction & Planning to coordinate office repairs
- Review pre-qualifying applications for housing products and follow up with applicants to obtain any missing information or documents.
- Maintain and distribute applications for housing products as needed
- Provide referrals and resources as needed.
- Maintain filing.
- Track and distribute all warranty concerns.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Director of Family Services.
- Assist CEO in preparing, disseminating, and organizing files for Durham Habitat board activities
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the CEO.
Education: Associates degree or higher.
Experience: 2+ years in a non-profit or related field, preferred
Ability to organize work and time efficiently and effectively.
Must be willing to implement empowerment methodologies for working with under-resourced families and communities.
Have demonstrated experience in the engagement of volunteers in their work.
Demonstrated the ability to work in an office and in neighborhoods with frequent interruptions.
Must be a self-starter.
Experience with MS Office Suite [specifically Excel, MS Word, MS Publisher, and MS Outlook].
Strong communication skills and a calm and pleasant demeanor when working with a wide variety of people.
Have the ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with Durham Habitat staff, partner families, and neighborhood residents.
Possessing a current driver's license, access to a vehicle, and insurance coverage
Be a proponent of asset and faith-based community development.
Bring energetic, collaborative, and flexible style, with a vital service and team-player mentality.
Ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced work environment.
Interest in and commitment to affordable housing.
Habitat for Humanity of Durham County provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Habitat for Humanity of Durham County complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Habitat for Humanity of Durham County expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Habitat for Humanity of Durham County's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to:
Habitat for Humanity of Durham
c/o Family Services
215 N. Church St.
Durham, NC 27701
Email: [email protected]
Note “Family Services” in the subject line
We will be accepting resumes through February 28th, 2021.
No phone calls, please. Messages will not be returned.
Habitat for Humanity of Durham is an Equal Opportunity Employer.