DATABASE & OPERATIONS MANAGER
Habitat for Humanity of Durham (North Carolina) (HFHD) seeks an experienced and talented individual to serve as Database & Operations Manager.
The successful candidate will join a well-respected organization and contribute to the agency's 35-year history as one of the area's leading providers of affordable and energy-efficient homes built in partnership with people in need and communities that care.
Founded in 1985, Habitat of Durham has broken ground on over 350 homes for local families whose housing is unsound, unsafe, or overcrowded. Habitat of Durham is part of a network of affiliates in some 3,000 communities around the world. Habitat's operating model is based on the concept of serving as both homebuilder and mortgage lender. Habitat offers affordable mortgages to families that do not qualify for traditional loans by providing no-interest loans. This financial model is made possible through generous contributions of volunteer labor, materials, financial support, and the "recycling" of homeowner mortgage payments.
This is a full-time, Monday through Friday position responsible for managing the constituent database management system's accuracy and efficiency and performing data analytics. Overseeing donor services, supporting development operations, and aiding with fundraising initiatives are also vital components to this position.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Data, Analytics, Reporting
- Serve as Habitat's expert with the Giveffect donor management software.
- Enter donations, pledges, and update donor records. Alert appropriate staff as necessary.
- Prepare development reports, including revenue tracking and fundraising metrics.
- Manage donor pledges, including sending reminders and monitoring balances.
- Perform data analytics to reveal trends and metrics used to optimize development work.
- Create lists, queries, and reports for department meetings, appeal tracking, stewardship opportunities, mailings, and events.
- Consolidate gift entry reporting for efficient entry by Finance.
- Collaborate with Finance to ensure accurate records and reconciliation of all gifts, including monthly reporting, year-end closing, and audits.
- Execute regular data cleansing and coding improvement.
- Ensure timely acknowledgment letters for appropriate donor stewardship.
- Support the Director in preparation of annual budgeting and goal setting.
- Maintain department budget, including reconciling of the monthly expenses.
- Execute invoices relative to department business.
- Manage the yearly application process for the NC Solicitation License and various workplace giving campaigns.
- Coordinate department needs, including housekeeping, supply ordering.
- Act as department liaison to Finance.
- Assist with fundraising and donor appreciation events as needed.
- BA/BS degree or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of progressively responsible experience in Development database management, report generation, and data analytics, adding new uses and fully utilizing system capabilities.
"Preference is given to those with first-hand experience managing a complex database migration."
- Demonstrated advanced level of experience in Giveffect or similar CRM system.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with attention to detail.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills.
- Energetic, collaborative, and flexible style, with a vital service and team-player mentality.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced work environment.
- Interest in and commitment to equity and affordable housing concerns.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to:
Resumes will be accepted through February 28th, 2021.
No phone calls, please.
Habitat for Humanity of Durham is an Equal Opportunity Employer.