A Repairs Site Supervisor who has the hands-on experience to work the job, who has leadership experience to lead and oversee and who also brings a willingness to train and teach. A team player who likes to see a job well done and done on time.
Who you are:
• Flexible: Flexible to changing priorities and tasks. Able to shingle in the morning and later dig in a crawl space. Persistent in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks.
• High Work Ethic: Has a track record of exceeding goals successfully. Pushes self and helps others/team achieve results.
• Collaborative: Works cooperatively with others across the organization and within the team to achieve shared objectives. Partners with others to get work done.
• Cultivates innovation: Comes up with useful ideas that are new, better, or unique. Introduces new ways of looking at challenges. Can take a creative idea and put it into practice. Encourages diverse thinking to promote and nurture innovation.
• Interpersonal savvy: Relates comfortably with people across levels, functions, culture, and geography. Acts with diplomacy and tact. Builds rapport in an open, friendly, and accepting way. Receives and gives feedback and values feedback as a way to grow, learn and be better.
• Resilient: Is confident under pressure. Handles and manages crises and conflict effectively and efficiently. Maintains a positive attitude despite adversity. Bounces back from setbacks. Grows from hardships and negative experiences.
• Drives vision and purpose: Talks about future possibilities in a positive way. Articulates the Habitat vision in a way internal and external partnerships can relate to. Creates organizationwide energy and optimism for the future. Shows personal commitment to the vision.
What you’ll bring:
• Commitment to the mission and vision of Durham Habitat and ability to compassionately articulate Durham Habitat’s story.
• Minimum 3 years of experience working in the residential or commercial construction industry with hands on construction experience.
• Strong leadership skills and the ability to plan, organize and communicate with the construction staff and unskilled crews.
• The ability to motivate unskilled workers and ensure a positive experience is critical.
• A willingness and ability to work well with all types of people while fostering good relationships with co-workers, homeowners, community members, inspectors/officials, and subcontractors/vendors.
• Residential carpentry skills.
• Ability to complete typical repairs projects, which includes bathroom renovations, roof patches, door/window replacement, and siding/exterior trim installation.
• The ability and willingness to perform work in attics and crawl spaces.
• Skill with drywall and painting is beneficial, as is experience with minor plumbing and electrical repairs.
• Strong planning and organizational skills.
• Must have the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities at one time.
• Proficiency with computer systems including use of e-mail and MS Office suite. Ability to learn and utilize construction management software or technology as required.
• Ensure a safe jobsite at all times
• Plan for each work day to ensure that all necessary resources, material and human, are available to accomplish the days tasks.
• Work with the Repairs Manager and Repairs Coordinator to plan and track labor, material, and equipment use for each project.
• Demonstrate respect for homeowners by maintaining a tidy jobsite and taking care to protect their property from damage.
• Educate, motivate, supervise, and give recognition to volunteers as they work on repairs projects.
• Ensure that all vehicles, tools, and equipment are securely stored during off hours.
• Clean and maintain vehicles, tools, and equipment. Periodically inspect vehicles, tools, and equipment (including ladders) to make certain they are in proper and safe working condition.
• Build positive relationships with homeowners, crews, neighbors, vendors, and subcontractors.
• Train workers in the safe usage of tools and equipment to prevent both injuries and damage.
• Implement the Construction Safety Program for each assigned project.
• Instruct and supervise AmeriCorps member(s).
• Assist Construction team with other projects as needed.
Notice: The job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Compensation: Salary is commensurate with the experience and background of the successful applicant.
To apply: Send a cover letter and resume to Will at firstname.lastname@example.org