We need course monitors to help 1400+ cyclists, runners and walkers navigate downtown Durham, Duke University and the Forest Hills neighborhood! This is by far the coolest volunteer gig in town. Course monitors arrive at the DBAP at 7pm for a little on-the-job training, head out to their route assignment at 7:45pm, and are generally back at the DBAP by 9:30pm. Course monitors need to be 18 or accompanied by an adult and preferably have a car.
Volunteer course monitors are rewarded with:
- Volunteer t-shirt (a very cool one!)
- LED light wand (for official directing) and glow sticks/necklaces (just for fun!)
- 2 free beer tickets (over 21 only, with ID)
- Free dinner (Johnny Carino’s, Tyler's, Bruegger's, etc)
- Post-race party!! (the beer, the dinner, music, fire dancers, etc!)