Durham Habitat relies on generous neighbors, groups, faith communities, and businesses for each project’s start-up capital. Home sponsors partner with our home buyers to purchase building materials and provide volunteer labor for new homes and home repairs.
To sponsor a Durham Habitat project, please contact Durham Habitat Development Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 682-0516 x 101.
Team building sponsors
A $2,500 investment secures a special team building activity for your group. Habitat of Durham offers the unique opportunity to build productive team relationships while building our local community.
- Teams learn to appreciate varying skills sets while working together on Habitat of Durham’s construction sites to build, rehab and repair homes in Durham. We can accommodate 10-20 volunteers per site and are happy to incorporate your organizations team building activities.
- Playhouse team building is a new and unique way to build community with Habitat of Durham. Teams of 15-30 volunteers come together to transform a stack of wooden building materials into a vibrant 5’ X 4’ playhouse. The playhouse can then be raffled off or donated to a local non-profit chosen jointly by Habitat and the team.
A $5,000 to $75,000 investment helps fund building materials for a new home or helps fund home repairs.
Home sponsors receive:
- A personalized gift
- Speaking opportunity at home kickoff and dedication
- Volunteer workdays
- Public recognition on site signage
- Listing on Durham Habitat's newsletter and website
Dream with Durham Habitat to transform an entire block of the Durham community with an investment of $100,000 to $250,000.
Habitat for Humanity of Durham is looking toward increasing our impact. An investment of $500,000 or more would make a remarkable, unforgettable impact on the Durham community.